Ingredients and Suggested Usage:
This package provides only the liquid SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Yeast and Bacteria): a live mother culture to trigger a fermentation process in combination with three other key ingredients (tea, sugar, and boiling water) and several supporting materials. It was made in a USDA Organic Certified production facility in Hawaii.
This Live Scoby does not need refrigeration prior to usage. It can be stored between 7 to 49C (45-120F). Do not freeze.
To make your own ripe kombucha tea with this Scoby, you will also need:
* a wide-mouthed glass gallon jar;
* a cup of regular granulated sugar;
* either 10 grams of loose organic black tea or 5 organic black tea bags;
* boiling water, using regular tap water;
* a large pot;
* a paper towel sheet or a small cotton cloth;
* a rubber band; and,
* patience (you begin to check the results after 7 days and then every few days after that as it becomes more tart and tangy, and decide when to end the fermentation when it reaches the taste you like – typically from about two to three weeks after starting).
Please note that Kombucha needs to be brewed in a warm room - warmer than most rooms are normally kept during the winter months.